What is Google+ Local Listing?
Think of it as Yellow Pages book – except it’s online.
As you know, most people today opt for the internet instead of the Yellow Pages when searching for local businesses. Therefore, you should claim and complete your listing in order to have a fair chance of being one of the first businesses that show up in the results for your target market.
Here are a few tips on setting up your Google+ Local listing:
- Before you start setting up your Google+ Local listing, read through the quality guidelines that Google publishes. This lists the do’s and don’ts when it comes to creating a listing. It is important that you avoid the things Google tells you not to do, as breaking rules can actually hurt your listing rankings. In some cases, they remove listings from the search system altogether.
- Identify the keywords that you want to incorporate into your listing. It is important to note that you do not need to focus on keywords as much as you would when creating content for your main website. However, adding a few keywords to your listings will definitely will help.
- It is important that you fill in all of the information required of you; there should not be a box left unfilled. This includes your hours of operation, your contact email address, and a rather thorough description of your company. The more content you have, the more likely you are to reach the upper echelons of those local searches.
- Categorize your business well. Perhaps one of the most baffling things for many business owners is the fact that there are a lot of categories to choose from. When you are choosing categories, simply put your business in as many relevant ones as possible. This will ensure that you stand a chance of being found amongst the myriad of other companies operating in the same niche as you.
- As soon as you have completed the ‘sign up’ process, you should actively start working to get reviews for your listing. One of the easiest ways to do this is to ask your customers outright. Your satisfied customers will most likely be more than happy to leave a good review online for you. Companies that have a nice amount of positive reviews tend to rank higher in search results.
Filed under: General
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!