Tips to Tips to Maximize Google Hangouts for Your Business and Your Audience!
- Practice a few times with friends or family. Learn how to upload documents, pictures, and connect to videos.
- Mute yourself when you’re not talking so there’s no distraction when other people are talking.
- Invest in a nice external headphone and microphone so your sound clarity is good and you’re easy to understand.
- Check your lighting. Make sure people can see you well. The light source you use should be in front of you rather than behind you where it can cause glare.
- Eliminate distractions. Make sure your surroundings aren’t distracting to the viewer. For example, you may not want to have your back to a kitchen where someone is cooking or dishes are piled up on the counter.
- Share and get the word out about your Hangout. Make sure it’s easy to join your hangout or that your On Air Hangout is publicized. Embed the link on your site, email it, and share it on social media. Build buzz.
- Integrate your YouTube, Picasa, and Google drive accounts with your Google+ account. This makes it easy to share documents, links, and files during a hangout.
- Create the list of people you want to invite by putting them all in a circle. Then you can simply invite the circle to your hangout.
- Prepare! Create any documents, images, and videos that you are going to share ahead of time so you can easily add them to the hangout.
- Give your hangout a title or name that represents your business niche, is catchy and is easily searchable. Embrace headline copywriting techniques to create your hangout name.
Finally, as with any new marketing tactic, make sure to test and track your success. Ask for feedback and pay attention to the analytics. Your Google Hangout efforts just may be the best marketing tactic you have available to you. Use it well and have fun embracing this new trend in business marketing.
Tagged with: Google Hangouts
Filed under: Google Hangouts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!